I have decided to use Disqus for the comments at JeremiahFyffe.com. I have three reasons.
- I have used them before so I am already setup in the Disqus system.
- Not only am I setup in the Disqus system, but Disqus is a great way to keep track of one's comments and others' responses across the internet. When I make a comment at a blog I have the hardest time going back to check to see if there are others who have followed up on my comment. Disqus helps with this.
- I don't know how to set up comments any other way. (I suppose I could have mentioned this reason first.)
The process is ridiculously simple.
- I navigated to the Disqus website, setup a new blog for comments and then went to the "code" page and copied the necessary code for setup in a generic html blog.
- This is the code that it generated for my particular site.
Notice the line:
var disqus_shortname = 'fyffe'; // required: replace example with your forum shortname
'fyffe' with the Disqus shortname of your own blog.
- I placed this code at the bottome of the "posts.html". This means that comments will only appear at the bottom of pages that are generated as posts.
Hopefully all of you who know a lot more than I do about Jekyll can now use to comments to help me along in this journey of Launch.
- The first comment to see on here is some help as to why my code is flying off of the right margin? Any ideas?